Don't forget to add our June Neighborhood Meeting to your calendar (it's the ice cream social!): Monday, June 22nd at 7 pm. John Hawkins with the Center for Neighborhoods will be our main speaker and he'll be sharing some resourceful online tools.
As promised, here is the follow-up information from our meeting last night:
- Brightside website
- Subscribe to Brightside emails
- Brightside on Facebook
- Lorri Roberts, Event and Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
- Email Lorri if you would like to be the Brightside Champion for District 10 (leads litter assessments).
- If you would like to start earning Schnitzelburg the Green Living Neighborhood Certification and act as the Schnitzelburg Captain, click here to enroll.
- If you would like any Brightside tshirts, gloves, or bags for picking up trash in the neighborhood, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can deliver supplies to your door!
|Officer Kitchen at the meeting.|
District Resource Officer
- Officer Christopher Kitchen
- Email (best way to reach him): email@example.com
- Phone: 502.574.7010
- LMPD Fourth Division Police Department wesbite, including Crime Mapping and how to sign up for Crime Notifications.
- Information on how to become a VIPS (Volunteers in Police Service) and how to become a Neighborhood Watch Captain.
- Fresh Stop website
- 4th Annual Shawnee Strawberry Jamm Festival Strawberry Order Form (Only available for pick-up from Shawnee or Shively.)
- New Roots website - parent organization for Fresh Stop
- New Roots Facebook
- Smoketown Fresh Stop starts on Tuesday, June 2nd at Coke Memorial United Methodist Church (328 East Breckenridge Street).
- Fresh Stops occur every 2 weeks (June through October) and you must pay for your food up to five days in advance.
- Anyone interested in receiving fresh food is able to purchase a share ($25/share), and lower income individuals may purchase shares at a discounted rate ($12/share for low income; $6/share for WIC mothers).
- Fresh Stops are able to take credit/debit cards, SNAP, checks, or cash.
- For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Michele Johnston, the Smoketown Fresh Stop coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.208.1813
A Taste of Germantown & Schnitzelburg
- Wednesday, May 21st from 6-9 pm on McHenry Street (to be closed). See previous blog post for more information.
- Discount neighborhood tickets - SOLD OUT! Thank you!!
- Need to purchase a ticket ($50/each)? Click here.
- Proceeds from the event benefits the Leukemia Lymphoma Society of Kentucky and Southern Indiana in honor of Michael Faurest, Man of the Year candidate. If you can't make the event, but still wish to donate, please click here.
Spring Schnitzelburg History Walk
- Saturday, May 16th @ 10 am. Meeting @ All Wool & Yard Wide (1328 Hickory Street).
- If you would like to sign-up for the free walk, please email email@example.com